New Moon Breaks another record!!!

by on November 21, 2009
in New Moon Movie

New Moon
already broke the record for a midnight showing and according to an article on Variety.com New Moon has broke the record for opening day too.

Here is what Variety had to say:

Summit Entertainment’s “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” tore up the box office record for best opening day, grabbing the title away from Warner Bros. “The Dark Knight,” and earning a spectacular $72.7 million yesterday at 4,024 theaters.

An exceptional feat for a film playing outside the summer frame.

There were an array of estimates being reported on the internet about how high the first day of “New Moon” actually was. This morning’s figure is Summit’s official Friday estimate.

“Dark Knight” had minted $67.2 million from 4,366 runs on July 18, 2008 before making a three-day opening weekend of $158.4 million.

Fueling the Friday B.O. for “New Moon” were midnight shows in 3,514 venues which drew a record-breaking $26.3 million for the time slot.

The opening day for “New Moon” posted more than a 100% gain over the first Friday of “Twilight” which made $36 million a year ago and a three-day weekend of $69.6 million.

Comments

1. Team Alice says:

First comment!

2. Team Alice says:

Cool, Leandra, you changed the “New Moon countdowns..” to “Eclipse countdowns…”. Lol, I just noticed that and wanted to say something.

3. Team Alice says:

Leandra, will you now change the website to Eclipse with the stills and stuff like that?

• Leandra says:

yeah I dont think so, it’s alot of work to change all the layout and all the pictures and stuff.

Jamey said if breaking dawn is made we will probably change it again for breaking dawn Plus this has only been up for a few months and I really like it!!!

4. Lara says:

Cool! Just saw the film today. TL did a good job as Jacob but all I can say is Oh Edward (sigh).

5. Valice says:

The movie was the greatest movie ever!

it WAS great! taylor lautner was amazing! and the Volturi rocked!

oh yeah, and alice was funny! “not until you put the dog out.” classic!

7. Damica says:

I’m so glad that New Moon is breaking records. It was a GREAT movie.

8. aliceann says:

SA-WEET!
    awsome. i think the movie was spectaculaaaarrrr!

9. Team Jakeward says:

OMJ! I absolutely LOVED New Moon! I just loved it when Emmett’s like: “So, you’re dating an older woman.” Hilarious.
    P.S. I LLLOOOVVVEEE Jacob/Taylor!

10. Team Jakeward says:

Another Thing: I also loved it when they were watching Romeo and Juliet and it showed Jess and Angela crying, and then Eric crying and Mike looking all bored. Good times! 🙂

11. Twi-Guy / Team Alice says:

They have to make Breaking Dawn now…don’t they? How can they make Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse but not finish the saga by makeing Breaking Dawn. Breaking Dawn is my favorite book of the saga. Besides I wanna see what Bella will look like as a vampire. 🙂

12. Br3nD@ says:

proud 2 say i put my lil grain of rice towards this new moon record 🙂
    just seen new moon luved it wolf pack was great wish there was more
    <3 TEAM WOLF PACK
    I wanted 2 see way more of the wolves

13. OMFG I LOVE THA MOVIE NEW MOON //I LOKE ALICE/JACOB/BELLA AND EDWARD

Y
    ILOVEJACOB
    BYTHE WAY
    CANT WAIT FOR THA NXT MOVIE GOTTA C IT MUTHERFUKING NOW !!!!!

14. Azucena says:

omg ! it beat DARK NIGHT&HARRYPOTTER !!

whattt???

15. Arianna says:

That’s so cool!
    My bff lives on NYC she saw it already (of course) and loved it (that’s obvious too)
    You Leandra think that is was slow, but she thought that they rush the important scenes I little bit.
    Oh well I guess I have to wait till Friday to see for myself

16. B says:

OMG such an amaizing movie! ive already seen it twice lol!
    Wats the sites e-mail
    New moon was my favorite book LOVED THE MOVIE so much like book
    Cant wait till Eclipse!

17. NC says:

Speaking of breaking “The Dark Knights” record, I just got back from seeing the movie and i loved it! Then my dad asked witch one’s better “New Moon” or “The Dark Knight” and he would be pissed if i chose new moon and i did! I made a good reason too, because i love the books and i have to stay loyal to them. :)Movie was great! loved it!

18. arianit says:

This movie is the best movie ever for me, I watched it yesterday and I love it.

19. leanne says:

luved the movie
    wolfpack was awsome so funny luved it wen bella and jared got competitive in the kitchen about whos better
    and jasper omg how great was he defo the most improved

and go new moon with record breakin it would be great if we could break
    our own record with eclipse

20. Patty says:

The movie was fantastic, of course. It comes as no surprise to me that New Moon is shattering records and stealing titles. What with all the waiting we’ve had to go through, it deserves as much glory as possible 🙂

21. Ania says:

I love New Moon ….I’m from Polend I love New Moon

22. christine says:

leandra is there an eclipse coundown i can put on the homescreen of my computer
    can i do that with the countdowns u alrady have?
    thanks

23. Sunni Dae says:

It was amazing!!! I stood outside in the cold 5 hours waiting to see it at midnight and I bought my tickets september 10 because I knew it was going to be wicked!!! Loved it!!!!!!! June 30th can’t get here fast enough, although I think it’s gonna be hard to top what they did for New Moon!!! Going to see it again today! 😉

24. LEXI says:

IM SO EXCITED!!!!! IM FIXING TO GO SEE IT AT 2:00!!!
    THE WAIT HAS BEEN AGONIZING, BUT I HEAR ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT!

25. Jeini says:

I’m waiting for my daughters visit from Ohio, and then we will go and see it together. Can’t wait! You people just make me want to see it all the more.
    Thanx for the feedback