New Moon Rhyme

by on November 28, 2009
in Poem

Elissa sent me this awesome poem she wrote that is posted on her blog, http://twilightinrhyme.blogspot.com. It tells the story of Twilight all in rhyme. I posted it earlier, but in case you missed it you can read it here.

Well now she has done the same thing for New Moon on her blog.

It’s pretty long so I just put the first part here to give you a taste. Click the READ MORE button below to read it all.

I think it’s pretty Sweet!!!

Warning: There are a couple of curse words in it, but only a couple!

Thanks for sharing Elissa!!!

New Moon Rhyming: The Saga Continues

What happens when forever ends too soon?
The angst continues and it’s called New Moon.

The second book of the saga by Stephenie Meyer,
Brings werewolves into the mix with humans and vampires.

But before this recap gets into all the sad and sullen
Let’s scream or smile at the mere mention of Edward Cullen!!!!!

Bella and Eddie were still going steady a few months after Twilight,
Crazy in love and all of that stuff – but she still couldn’t get him to bite

She wants to be transformed but he’s repeatedly told her,
He’s not making her a vampire – she’ll just keep getting older

Bella’s birthday at the Cullen’s goes well for a little bit,
Until she gets a paper cut and Jasper loses his shit.

Carlisle’s on hand to stitch her up and talk about her soul,
But Edward starts withdrawing, and acting like an @$$hole

It was just a little bloody accident, Bella pleaded and insisted
But Edward said he had to go and it would be like he never existed

After he disappears, Bella plunges deep into her despair,
It’s not the healthiest breakup, but it’s Edward Cullen (!!!) to be fair.

After a movie in Port Angeles, Bella thinks she sees a familiar stranger,
And hears Edward’s voice warning her as she is drawn towards the danger

So Bella decides to put herself in more precarious situations
Hoping motorcycles will also lead to Edward hallucinations

She goes to Jacob Black and asks him to fix up some bikes
And is surprised she’s found a human that she genuinely likes

Being around Jacob helped put Bella back together
He was her sun – with him she started to feel better

Jake was doing a good job growing up, and Bella couldn’t deny
That with rock-hard killer abs, he was sort of a beautiful guy.

It seems fitting to reference the film and of course mention
Taylor Lautner’s performance… and his physical perfection.

When Bella falls off her bike and her face hits the dirt,
The only way to fix a cut is for Jake to take off his shirt.

Right around this time, the lines of friendship start to blur
Bells tells Jake she doesn’t feel the way he feels about her

She says she loves him as a friend and needs him around
He promises her the world even though she just shot him down

He swore he’d never hurt her – unlike that other guy…
But then he turned into a werewolf – a likely alibi

He disappeared, refused her calls, and never called her back
But give him a break, he’s busy with a wolf (and smoking six-) pack.

And wherefore art thou hot vampire – aside from Bella’s imagination,
Victoria wants revenge and Laurent’s at large… not an ideal situation

For Bella who’s in trouble until a pack of wolves arrive
And manage to kill Laurent and keep our heroine alive

Jacob couldn’t tell her truth but Bella eventually guessed,
That the wolf stuff all traced back to the guy with whom she’s obsessed

She was often alone when Jacob went off to shape shift,
So one day she decided to go ahead and jump off a cliff.

Jacob pulls Bella out of the water, once again keeping her alive,
On the way home she considers giving in to a moment she knew would arrive

But the scent of vampires is in the air, which means they can’t be far,
And suddenly Bella sees the familiar sight of a Cullen’s car.

Jacob begged her not to go inside – but of course Bella refused,
Say what you want to say, but her loyalty has never been confused.

She fears Victoria’s waiting, and is thrilled it’s Alice instead
Who is absolutely shocked to find a Bella that isn’t dead.

Jacob returns the next day, just like a loyal pup,
And when Edward calls Bella’s house – on his rival, Jake hangs up

Alice sees what has happened and what inevitably will,
When Edward provokes the Volturi – he’ll be theirs for the kill

Edward needs to see Bella in the flesh before it is too late,
Jacob begs her to stay for him, but she’s got another date.

Virgin Airways flies them direct to Volterra, the Italian city,
Where Bella must come through – a world without RPattz would be a pity!

She must break through red-robed masses before the clock strikes noon,
And stop Edward from acting like Romeo – a tragically impulsive loon.

Through the fountain she goes, as Edward’s shirt comes undone,
And Bella pushes him back as he steps into the sun.

He thinks that he’s died; he’s obviously not the sharpest chap,
Cause they’re alive, and dealing with the Volturi – oh crap!

Red-eyed Aro’s impressed by the trio, but Bella not what he unexpected,
She’s immune to mind readers, and when Jane inflicts pain she’s unaffected.

Since Bella knows more about vampires than they’ll allow anybody,
Her choices are: be killed, be a vampire, or join the Voltur-ati.

Bella will become a vampire – information we can find
When Alice reads the future and Aro reads Alice’s mind.

Bella and friends are free to leave Volterra and head back to the states,
To ponder inter-species relationships and star-crossed lovers fates

Reunited with the Cullen’s, Bella puts her mortality to a vote,
The majority say change her, which Carlisle will do if Edward won’t

Of course she wants it to be Edward, who says he’ll stop opposing,
If Bella agrees to marry him… I guess this is his way of proposing.

She’s staunchly against marriage, but eternal damnation is great
Undead forever is one thing – there’s still a high divorce rate

And of course there’s Jacob the werewolf, Bella’s former best friend
Who reminds Edward about the biting terms that’d bring their truce to an end

The message is clear, but keeping Jacob in her life is Bella’s vow
It won’t be easy but Edward’s back so nothing’s impossible now

When and how everyone in this love triangle comes to grips
Is fodder for the next book/movie, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

But before we jump ahead and pre-purchase tickets for June,
Let’s take time to bask in the amazing glow of the New Moon

For never was a story of more desire
Than this of Bella Swan and her vampire

Comments

1. Twilight Fanatic says:

YAY!!!

FIRST COMMENT!!

BEAT YOU SELINA!!

2. Twilight Fanatic says:

The peom’s great but really didnt like the swearing\

im not comfortable with it

but otherwise amazing as the first

keep it up

plz send the eclipse one soon
    but try not to swear plz

3. mrs. cam gigandet! says:

aww so cute ya i agree! i didnt like the swearing!!! but good job!!!

4. MRS.CULLEN/BLACK(TEAM SWITZERLAND) says:

GUYZ GET OVER THE SWEARING.. THEY ONLY SWEARED BOUT WHAT 3 TIMEZ… I LOVE THE POEM.. I THINK ITS REALLY GOOD.. I HOPE THEY WRITE 1 FOR ECLIPSE.. UMM I WONDER IT THEY WROTE 1 FOR TWILIGHT?? ANYWAY GREAT POEM….LOL

• Twilight Fanatic says:

oh they did!!

it was awsum

im sorry if you got annoyed
      but in my house we dont swear and i aint comfy with it
      sorry if it annoyed you

5. Vanessa Cullen says:

I love the poem!!! I’m fine with the swearing. It’s not a big deal. Anyway, it’s very beautiful. Keep up the great work. =)

6. Team Edward says:

This poem is amazing! I’m totally impressed… And people (little girls I’m presuming), the girl put like 2 cuss words in this whole LONG poem and youre acting like she had one every other word. Chill.. It’s OK… Breath… Thank you so much for posting this! And I can’t wait to hear the next one! Cuss words and all.. : )

• edward chose me... says:

there’s not much swearing so like get over it,its a great poem and i luv it im tellein all me b.f.f’s about this its soooooo amazing!!!!dont let the swearing get in the way

7. edwardCULLENN(: says:

get over the swearing ; its an amazign poemm !!!
    can’tt waitt forr thee next oneee!!!
    amazinggg-loveittt;’xteammm’edwardd

8. natalie says:

I REALLY THINK THE POEM WAS BEAUTIFUL IT SUMMED UP THE MOVIE PERFECTLY IF SOMEONE HASN”T SEEN IT KEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAKE ONE FOR ECLIPSE TOO! I VOTE A BIG NUMBER1

9. Iris says:

The poem is sooo long, but unbelievably good :) It tells the entire story and is very fun to read!

Great job!

10. Team Alice says:

Okay I have to go now and I’ll probably be away for the whole day so you guys try and get the first comment and earn that honor!

11. Team Alice says:

Love the poem by the why!

12. NATALIA says:

IT WAS TOO LONG IT GOT BORING

13. Immortal Love says:

Salut….I adored the poem…C’est tres bien….I just hope they post similar poems for the rest of the parts too. I would like to thank that person who posted it here as well who wrote it.
    It Rocks!!!

P.S.-no probs with swearing. Grow up ppll!!

14. Azucena says:

Lovee itt , its like the perfect summary :]

15. Barbara Fenwick says:

This poem is great. I loved it.

16. sarah says:

Let’s scream or smile at the mere mention of Edward Cullen!!!!!
    i totally do =] lol good poem

17. carmen says:

I LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS POEM, IT WAS SWEET, PRECISE, AND TO THE POINT, KUDOS FOR THIS ONE!!! TEAM EDWARD!

18. Jessie says:

I loved the poem!!! You have an amazing talent with rhymes lol. This one and the twilight one both made me smile :) Loved the endings. Cant wait to read the next one! P.s. been a fan of the site for a while but this is my first comment. Twilight Guide Rox!! Leandra you are amazing :) your hard work is appreciated

19. Crystal Cullen says:

:P It was pretty good! I really liked it and its like im watching the movie in my head again every time i read it…It has everything..humor,sadness,and the truth: Taylor’s abs(:))”oh yeah” and a world without RPattz?! (:() lol (no way!)

20. Team Alice says:

Is my gravatar working?

21. Team Jacob says:

I love that rhyme. the problem is, I was a team edward until i saw New moon and it changed everything. I can’t wait for Eclipse to come out in June but we will just have to wait. not. Please someone tell me is it june yet. But Jacob is so hot and he is only 17 years old. He is the age of my brother. But he is still hot.

22. Team Jacob says:

what is a gravatar? is that the edward picture. i want jacob not edward

23. twilightmom86 says:

very cool

24. Sarah says:

that was asome

25. jacobs gf for ever says:

ok so you people need to get over the swearing!!!!!!!!! big deal!!!! i loved the poem its great where is the one about twilight at id like to rad it too!!!!!! and i definatly think the poet should write one for eclipse, breaking dawn, and midnight sun if posible!!!!!!!!!!!! again people get the HELL OVER THE CUSSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who cares?????????????????

Team Jacob Forever Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. mRs.taycob says:

god big deal i bet u tat alot of u tat have or will say i dont like swearin or dont feel confortable wit it have done it before just like with the cussing issue so get over it sonner or later tats how i used to feel the same way but ur gonna have to get over it its kinda natural for some ppl but wat do i know im just a dumb 12 year old huh

27. Ashley says:

I liked it!!!! I can’t write a poem to save my life so I’m uber impressed!

28. SiYuMmY... says:

absolutly amazing…cmon guys swearing is normal and cmon wen u think of edward cullen u cant exactly control your hormones let alone your languag…mwah mwah

tootles

29. Bella Cullen says:

This was awesome and funny… and to the point…
    Ahhh 211 more days until Eclipse

30. Jackie!!! :) says:

awesome! :P

31. Bec says:

OMG!!! that was amazing. Just WOW!!!! keep it up. Love to hear the Eclipse version! :)

32. twi's angel says:

the poem is amazing and it made me cry at one moment. i am in love with new moon and i am team edward. keep on the work, you’re great. :)

33. One word . . . AMAZING!!!! It was awsome!

34. britany?jakes wifey? says:

omg..i like so loved it..
    an u ppl who are complaining about the cusing GROW UP….
    other that the person who
    wrote this i love it..
    please keep writing the poemsthey are great.!!!!!!
    *$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*

35. Renesmee says:

Awesome love the rhythm’s they were hilarious.

36. ! x Angel A x ! Calvin Darch 4 eva! says:

i absolutley LOVE this poem, and although some people might not like the swearing in it…i didn’t mind it…i think it added more humor to it i was PMSL / LMFAO in some parts!

my friends cant really see why i’m Team Jacob but i think this poem almost proves it!

Absolutley love the whole saga! good job Elissa!

37. ! x Angel A x ! says:

about the picture….i am TEAM JACOB not TEAM LEECH!

38. ! x Angel A x ! says:

hi kiera fitzgerald … u there?

39. Kitty Kiera says:

Hey Aj, (ANGEL A) lol ,

luv the POEM!!!! Laufin so badly at sum parts!! LOL = ]

40. layla cullen says:

i loved it!!!
    the best part was:(The only way to fix a cut is for Jake to take off his shirt)
    i mean that part was really stupid in the movie, and edward deservs to be called an a-hole for all the mess that his made!!!

41. Timah says:

I love all of the poems and rhymes all of the writers r very talented and I really enjoyed these

42. Timah says:

Elissa ur would have to be the funniest poem about twilight thhat I hav ever read I laughed and cried a little but it was awesome BTW I am team edward i stiil like jacob though and not jus becuz of his looks but honestly both edward and jacob have their asswhole moments!!GO TWILIGHT SERIES CAN’T WAIT TIL THE BIG 6/30 WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

43. That was awesome! Everyone Liked that but Rob Pattison did not like the part about he was acting like a “beep”hole. But other then that it was awesome. But jackson says”thanks I was losing my “Beep” In new moon.

We all loved it!!!!

Great job!

Love you keep rocking with the poems and keep loving Twilight even thought there are 2 more movies! NO!!!