Amazon.co.uk lists the top 10 best-selling books of the decade

by on December 19, 2009
in Books, Stephenie Meyer

Twilight

Amazon.co.uk has made a list of their 10 best-selling books of the decade and the top 10 best-selling authors of the decade.

Stephenie Meyer mad both lists with all the books from the Twilight series in the list. I put the lists below.

Congrats Stephenie!!!

9. Alexander McCall Smith
10. William Shakespeare

Thanks Renee!!

Source: Telegraph.co.uk

Comments

1. Clara says:

That is very cool. I love the Twilight saga and I love the Harry Potter saga to.

2. Inge says:

That is amazing!

3. Team Alice says:

Woot! Go Stephenie! I wish she got first on everything though. Maybe that other one got first because it’s been out longer? Anyways I don’t like Harry Potter so I’m going to tell everyone to get The Twilight Saga so we can get first next time 😀 I hope 🙂

4. Team Alice Jr says:

Of course Harry Potter got first because 7 and 4 books who’s gonna rule out? And they have been out longer.. HP AND TWILIGHT RULE!
    Peace,
    Crimsonorochimaru/quileutesonly/Team Alice Jr

5. Team Alice says:

Yay! She’s better than William Shakespeare! Also I miss mRs.taycob!

6. leanne says:

yay twilight saga and hp got on there
    they both desevre every thing they get 🙂
    and i no shakespere was an awsome writer and tht but how the hell did
    he make the the top 10 authors

7. Team Alice says:

Is anyone on right now? Am I the only one?

8. Team Alice says:

Is anyone on right now? Am I the only one??

9. Team Alice says:

I’m so mad right now. Drawing is starting to stress me out.

10. leanne says:

hey team alice

11. Manu says:

Vote for New Moon:

uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b158620_20_best_movies_of_2009_whatd_you_love.html

12. Anne^^. says:

yesss! woohoo, steph got 2nd place! though, she should have gotten 1ST! INHO, she’s better thatn J.K. Rowling, but however, Rowling is a good writer too. i like harry potter, but Twilight is waaayy better :D.

13. shaharEB says:

JK Rowling us not better than stephnie meyer!!!!

with all the respect to harry potter!

14. Arianna says:

Too bad for new moon… it’s actually my favorite of all 4 book, next is Eclipse

15. Team Alice Jr says:

Alice I sent you an e-mail…..
    Peace,
    Crimsonorochimaru/quileutesonly/Team Alice Jr

16. shaharEB says:

EVERYONE CAN COMMENT!

what is your order of favorit book in the twilight saga?

and what movie did you like more?

17. Naama says:

Of course Harry Potter got first because they have been out longer…
    i think that’s amazing that after just 5- years all the twilight saga is in this list!
    go Steph!

18. Mo Mo says:

Well deserved, go Stephanie!!! ?

19. Darla/Mrs.Cullen says:

ome(oh my edward)!that is freakin awesome!that is too bad the books and stephanie meyer didn’t come in first place,though.oh,well.at least they got on the list.cool.

P.S. Team Edward

20. Anne says:

I’m glad to see that Harry Potter and The Twilight Saga books made it on the list. They were all great books. I like to keep an open mind about other books. I even read all the Lord of the Rings books. My next book to read is Lovely Bones and also conquer all the Jane Austen novels. I also think JK Rowlings deserved the #1 spot because she was a struggling writer to come up with such a great fantasy world. I’m also glad to see Stephenie Meyer on the list. I’m very excited that there will be Harry Potter World opening in 2010 in Universal Studios Hollywood. I’m surprised to see William Shakespeare on the list as well, but still never say anyone is better than him, this list is only for the top ten Best Selling of the decade not Best Author. I’m sure he would be in a higher spot than JK Rowling and Stephenie if this list was the Top list of all time for Best Selling or even for just Best Author. He did somewhat inspire Stephenie to include Romeo and Juliet in her story. William Shakespeare inspired a lot of movies (She’s the Man or 10 Things I Hate About You) , plays (Westside Story), books, etc.

21. Team Alice says:

I finished my drawing! I just need to scan it in!

22. ALEXIS BLACK says:

I don’t really like those things but the twilight saga one is way to cool not to like. 🙂

23. Ana says:

I love Twilight books but I can’t deny: It’s hard to compete against Harry Potter. That are the books of the decade, absolutely

24. shaharEB says:

thank you Team Alice and Anne^^. for answer me!!

its still hard for me to decide what i liked most?

25. Linda says:

go twi and SM!!!

26. Hanna says:

oh! we have them all!

27. jt says:

OMG Go Stephenie!!!!!! That’s so awesome!!! So “Just Kidding” Rowling has three books in the top 10 of the decade, and Stephenie has F O U R!!!!! Kudos to SMeyer!!!

And guess what! The top 3 selling authors of the decade are ALL WOMEN!!!! Suck on that Steven King! I don’t see you in either category! Maybe you should think twice before you talk smack about the Amazing Stephenie Meyer!