Howard Shore to score Eclipse Soundtrack

by on January 24, 2010
in Eclipse Movie, Music

According to an article at movie score magazine Howard Shore is to score the soundtrack for Eclipse.

You can read the entire article here.

I hope this soundtrack is better than New Moon. I didn’t like it as much as the Twilight one.

You can order the Eclipse soundtrack at Amazon.
Thanks Samantha, Tiffany and Anna!!!

Comments

1. kadirbey says:

wahaha xD can’t w8 till eclipse ๐Ÿ™

2. Kala says:

I hope its better too….i didnt really like New Moons soundtrack but llovvveeee Twilights

• TeamEdward4ever! says:

Me too! I bought the twilight sountrack (I am listening to supermassive black hole right now!) but I thought the music in New Moon sucked….sorry its just my opinon! I hope they get really good music for eclipse!
      Maybe Steaphine should ake one because on her website she has a list of tracks she tinks would suit it!

3. Jan says:

I hope Robert is on soundtrack like he was in Twilight.

4. Jan says:

I really didn’t like the new moon soundtrack but I loved the Twilight one.

5. Ebony says:

me too though i loved Dreamcatcher, but still Twilight score was much better…if they wont bring back Carter Burwell why cant they at least use his theme??!!

it was so mysterious and just fits The Twilight Saga perfectly!

6. shaharEB says:

well,eclipse is more about the action..but the romance is still ther of course’
    so this soundtrack will probably have everything in it.
    loud and tense songs for the fight scene[or the stupid jacob kissing bella]
    and romantic quite[kind of edward]songs to the proposal[officialy]!!!

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!

• Ebony says:

ok but they can still use Carter Burwell’s score and improve it to suit the fight sences and the proposal sence! why can’t they just do that?!
      did they change the score in lord of the rings in each movie? or in other movies that have sequels??!!

• Anne^^. says:

totally agree with ya!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ can’t wait!
      btw, sorry about that thing that just happened.. i went off. i was watchin the football game! lolz. yea,srry. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Bella4ever says:

I hope the soundtrack is much better!!

8. Grusome The Twi-Guy says:

it’s not a matter of bringing back carter burwell he is in high demand so they have to choose from who is available and who better then howard shore he scored the lord of the rings.

9. Lara says:

H.S. should do a good job since Lord of the Rings is a fantasy story with lots of action.

After purchasing the score and soundtrack ( i finally gave in and bought it at Costco) the score by Desplat isn’t that bad. As I listen to it I can picture the movie in my head. LOVE the Romeo/Juliet scene and the break-up scene.

One of my favorite composers is Hans Zimmer (Gladiator, Pearl Harbor, Pirates of the Carribean).

10. team Jacob & Edward says:

I liked the new moon soundtrack just fine! Can’t wait for eclipse though!! yay!! ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Arianna says:

I really hope this one is better too
    I hoping for a lot of rock on this soundtrackโ€ฆ since eclipse has so much action and Slade is a little dark I think is gonna be a lot of rock

12. Eliza says:

Love twilight even though I like New Moon Twilight will always be #1 sorry but Catherine Hardwick was much better as the director.:(

• TeamEdward4ever! says:

Totally agree and……..i thought Twilight the movie was better too……….even though I love Jacob i thought that without Edward it was a little bit….lost? I am really happy there will be a lot of Taylor Lautner AND Robert Patinson! YAY!
      And I think that Edward Cullen was a lot more……relaxed in Twilight. Did anyone notice he sprt of tensed up in New Moon. (Hi hair??????!!!!!)

13. TeamEdward#1 says:

It should have alot of good music, perhaps alot of rock since there’s alot of fighting in this book. Also maybe some sad love songs because well in the beginning bella’s hurt and that scene with jacob and bella saying goodbye. :[

14. reely?? i lyked new moon the score better thn twilight the score. CNT WAIT FOR JUNE 30!!!

15. ~*Jasper Whitlock Hale Luver*~ says:

Can’t wait for Eclipse! I am already counting down! Whoo!

16. melanie cullen #1 says:

the twilght sond trak was the best so far……….

17. Vickie says:

wow, he did an amazing job for lotr

18. Slinkiee says:

I agree with you Leandra. I was so disappointed with the New Moon soundtrack overall although I felt the movie itself was pretty good. We gotta have some hard rock stuff for Eclipse, that’s for sure.

19. Nicki says:

I enjoy both soundtracks equally. There are a lot of good songs! I listen to the New Moon soundtrack almost everyday.

20. tttps says:

I loved the Twilight score by Carter Burwell. It stuck in my head and I had to buy it immediately. The score for New Moon was lovely, but nothing memorable. I wish that the theme music in Twilight was carried over to New Moon and the rest of the franchise. The same or similiar scoring would provide continuity and be identified with the Twilight Saga.

21. erika says:

i am team edward.. of course i already want to see eclipse i am counting the days i think is going to fantastic.. bacause i liked twilight and new moon I AM THE FAN num.. 1 of Robert Pattinson ?
    i liked Carter Burwell’s music and i think that with Howard Shore is going to be ok.. i’m crazy.. I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE right NOOWWW !!!

22. Sucker for Score says:

Seriously, New Moon & Eclipse directors did their films a grave injustice by not hiring and/or even using ANY of Carter Burwell’s score from Twilight. This is SCORE I am talking about here by the way, not the soundtrack/Stephanie Meyer playlist/Paramour n’ Linkin Park pop crap/(props for Radiohead shoutout tho) type compilation included in the movie. Score is different than the soundtrack. I was sorely disappointed when I realized he wasn’t scoring New Moon and felt totally cheated when I finally went and saw each film and both had a crappy unmoving unremarkable score. Suddenly I realized 80% of what I liked about the Twilight film was a visceral reaction to Carter Burwell’s score and not just Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson chemistry mixed with an uncomfortable affection for Bella and her plight (I watched the film Twilight before I read the books which I admit is an equally important factor). The next two films I suffered through only because I (guiltily) fell in love with the story as told by Stephanie Meyer in her books and I really love Kristen Stewart as Bella. But none of the visceral reaction I got from Twilight. In fact, I was definitely checking my watch during New Moon and and cringing during Eclipse. Really should have budgeted Carter back in especially given the budget was much greater following Twilight and most of the work was already done through scoring Twilight or at least the sequel directors could have come up with a decent comparable composer… Sigh. Not optimistic round 4 will deliver either.